Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ancient Coin Enthusiasts: Please Try Photobucket


I shall try to keep this simple for people who do not know who or what Photobucket.com is all about. Photobucket is a user friendly video and image hosting service. I had no problem joining and uploading images. This alone speaks volumes about the ease of use! Photobucket.com is a totally free site for your use, although if you wish to upgrade you can, but that will cost. I will only address the freebie side of the program. The first thing to do is to go to Photobucket.com and sign in. Signing in is a very simple and painless procedure and once done you can easily use this site for many different purposes. I will discuss a couple now.



Adding Pictures


When you have signed into photobucket you will be on the home page and this is where you start to make photo albums by adding pictures you want. Click on Browse, it will take you to your folders. Choose the folder you want and the picture you want to upload. Click on your chosen picture, click open, and this will now show back to the home page. At this point you can add a description to your picture, so once you have typed in your description click submit. The upload takes place and if you have proceesed properly, you will see * Photo Successfully Uploaded. *



Image uploading


You can do a single image upload or Multiple image uploads from computer, uploading with the windows upload tool, and mobile/Email, including FTP and windows XP Publisher. I created an album for test purposes and everything went as smooth as silk. I think you ancient coin hobbyists will really appreciate the program. One can create different albums to meet different needs.

I have been using flickr.com but there is something I really like about Photobucket. For one thing, I think flickr is a bit glitzy for my taste. Photobucket.com has much more of a "bread and butter" feel. Please load it up, give it a try and let me know what you think. Thank you for reading.. God Bless.. Jerry..

No comments: