Friday, May 25, 2007

Zapping Crusty Coins On A Budget


Dear readers, I am addressing the increased cost of living relative to our interest in cleaning coins. First and foremost I want you to know that one can easily assemble a zapping unit for $5 dollars or less that will do just as good a job as my “Super Zapper.”

I have schematics for building a very simple zapping unit under the “Files” section of CoinZappers. The URL is as follows: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/coinzappers One must join our group to have access to the schematics but that is not a bad thing either. You will find some of the friendliest members you have ever met. We will be happy to walk you through the building process and we will be there for you as you learn the “kindest method” for cleaning crusty coins.

The coins you see in the picture above right are coins I cleaned using my zapping process. I invite you to join our group and learn our process. The learning curve is nominal and it certainly is not rocket science. I venture to say that we can have you zapping coins within a week and that includes assembling the unit.

There has been much talk recently about the escalating costs of power supplies. I have an AC/DC power supply that can be purchased at WalMart for a bit under or over $10 dollars. I get great results when cleaning no more than three to five coins with my WalMart power supply and a small zapping unit. My interest is to continue to make this an affordable hobby! We will lose many potential zappers if the initial outlay is close to 200 bucks to get started in our hobby.

One thing I want readers to understand is that one has sacrificed nothing when making the choice to use the smaller assembled homemade zapping unit. The quality of cleaning is still there. It is only the quantity of coins one can clean that is being “sacrificed.” With the increased cost of crusty coins I think there is something to be said about making the choice to clean 1-5 coins at a time as opposed to using a Super Zapper like mine and cleaning twenty coins at a time.

I suggest you go for coin quality and buy quality crusty coins if a buying choice needs to be made. I will state what I so often say and that is that I have now zapped about 6000 coins and I know what I am talking about. I think the proof is in the picutes of the coins I am more than willing to share with all. Please give us, the members and moderators of CZ, an opportunity to help you learn the most exciting ancient coin cleaning method I know of. God Bless.. Jerry..

No comments: