Friday, June 27, 2008

Patinated Coin: Before And After


A member asked to see one of my coins before and after patination. I had several coins already Zapped and I chose the one you see to the left because I did not mind polishing it a bit. I used my 800 mA power source as opposed to the Pyramid 26 KX. The smaller unit with a smaller container is much more convenient for my patinating needs.

The coin has a bit of pitting and shows up in the photograph. However, the thrust of the article is to demonstrate what can be done using my technique. I Reversed my leads as I wrote about in my last patination article. I placed the coin in the solution for 10 seconds, pulled the coin and rotated the clip to another position.

I repeated three times for a total patination time of 30 seconds. I could have continued with the process until the coin was much darker but stopped at the point I thought the coin would look best. Perhaps I should have chosen a much better coin but this coin suffices to illustrate my point. My e-mail is as follows and if you have questions please feel free to ask. jceaus@yahoo.com I think it is good to ask questions openly so the entire group benefits. Thank you and God Bless.. Jerry..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recently picked up a coin just like this, can you tell me anything about it, thanks